Saturday, March 16, 2013

All that and a group of Buddies!!!

Not to speak for Tom, cause I am sure he has a million and one thoughts himself, but I think it is safe to say, we are so absolutely thrilled. 

During the event, as we watched everyone participating, me fighting back tears of joy, and Tom smiling bigger than i've ever seen while slightly misty eyed himself, lol, Tom and I talked about our nights before "Buddy Up".  As I put together the last of the registrations and checked my "to-do" list for the millionth time, Tom was getting himself together at his house.  Maybe at the same time, maybe just through cosmic forces, or just simple angst over the hard work we know we put in this, we both had a moment of "Omgoodness what if no one shows?!".  Even though I was looking at over 100 registration forms and knew that we'd have more walk-ups, I still just had a classic Sagittarian moment of self-doubt.  I pushed it aside as best I could and managed to crawl into bed around 2:30am and got about 2 1/2 hours of sleep, thinking we've done all we can do, and whatever you do Kat, just don't cry for goodness sake. Lol.

Having been a Police Officer for a while now, I know that there is something about a line of traffic cones that attracts mischievousness.  At 6:00am, I turned the corner on the roadway on the way into the school and saw just how much mischief was afoot the night before.  Really?! Cones were scattered and knocked down from the track all the way to our outdoor lower field.  Yes, really.  I put it in park, and the kid and I commenced to putting them back in place. *smh*  Lol.

They didn't look like this the night before.  Ugh.  :|


Cones back in their proper place and the course ready for buddies, it was time to cross off the last of the "to-do" list.  I can tell you, when I am at work, or when i'm waiting in line somewhere, or even when i'm working out and begging for time to go quickly, two hours never flies as quickly as it did during the time we were doing the last bit of set up.  To everyone who stepped up during that time, patient with me snapping - so very sorry :( - I can't tell you how much we value your efforts.  And then... before I knew it... we were starting the event.  Holy smokes Batman, it was time! Eek!  So we did what we do... and we started.  :)

Yeah Buddy!


Yes people, we held our very first "Buddy Up Against Bullying: A Run for Hope, 5K & Virtual 5K" today at Reedy Creek Middle School in Cary, NC!  We did it!  We absolutely did it!  We ALL certainly "buddy up" did it!  

And...

we are going to do it again too!  :)


- Mucho hugs and thanks, Officer Christian.   ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment