Tuesday, February 12, 2013

"Go, girl! Go!" - Ms. Ida, 97 year old track star.

As I was winding down for the evening, watching television, I caught a story that about moved me tears, as I was so inspired.  After suffering the death of two children within three years of each other, Ms. Ida fell into a depression.  Trying to find a way to help her mother heal, her track coach daughter entered her mother into a 5K event.  So Ms. Ida's running career was born.  She was in her sixties when she started and never looked back.

At 97 years old, Ms. Ida was hoping to run 100 meters in less than 59.9 seconds and break a record.  She worked together, buddied up, with her 60 year old daughter, and they made it happen.  Ms. Ida ran it in 51 seconds.  Absolutely phenomenal.

I know as we run on March 16th, we will share the same pride and excitement as Ms. Ida and her daughter did that day.  While we are not trying to break any records, we're running in hope of making a change. Both are pretty awesome if you ask me.



Keep spreading the word and until next time...

- KC

No comments:

Post a Comment