Sunday, February 17, 2013

Words of Wisdom

This morning as I surfed the web, I stumbled upon the following quote from Archbishop Desmond Tutu:

“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse, and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.”

At school I find myself sounding a bit like a broken record as I repeatedly urge students to take a stand for what is right, and report any wrongdoing to an adult. Sadly, these words often seem to fall on deaf ears.

It sometimes takes a great deal of courage to take a stand for what is right. However, when one brave soul commits to taking that stand, they will quickly find they do not stand alone.

Thank you for taking a stand against bullying with us. Keep spreading the word.

TC

No comments:

Post a Comment